Deadline: 31st July 2022 | Salary: £32k to £40k
That Media Thing is looking for an experienced PPC Manager to proactively drive our day-to-day digital marketing operations. Our unique and highly effective approach to PPC marketing is driving significant growth for our clients, and we need a confident strategist with a hands-on approach to delivering results to drive our campaigns and bring new ideas to the mix.
We are recruiting for a full- or part-time position to be primarily based at That Media Thing’s head office in Bath, UK. We embrace a mix of remote and office-based working to get the best results out of our highly collaborative and creative approach to delivering our content and marketing services.
Founded on decades of digital media publishing experience, That Media Thing underpins all its marketing services with the highest quality content to deliver authentic audience engagement. As PPC Manager, you will be working within an established team across a range of client projects across a diverse range of sectors, most of which have global marketing needs. You will be expected to present confident and expert consultancy for internal planning as well as client-facing meetings, and to bring great ideas to the table to ensure client campaigns deliver against their success KPIs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly skilled PPC Executive hungry for career advancement, an experienced PPC Manager, or a Social Media Manager with strong lead-generation experience, to join a fast-moving marketing agency environment, where a passion for creative excellence underscores our working ethos. Our priority is to recruit the right fit for our creative culture, so candidates need to have a passion for exploring, questioning and forward-thinking with exceptionally high standards for quality control. The right candidate will be hands-on, diligent in their work, and be able to innovate and challenge themselves to succeed in a constantly evolving digital marketing landscape.
Above all we are looking for someone who will thrive in a wide and varied role, and will not take themselves too seriously. The salary will be dependent on the experience of the candidate recruited.
- Working with the content and design teams, as the in-house paid social and digital marketing specialist, to plan, activate and manage, and report on client campaigns
- Play a leading role in paid social and digital marketing strategy, making recommendations on the smart tactical activation on all major PPC platforms
- Hands on ownership of digital marketing campaign performance and reporting, with the ability to contextualise performance, optimisations and recommendations
- Monitor and moderate campaigns’ target audience engagement performance across platforms, responding where appropriate and escalating where necessary
- Manage the creation and delivery of social media and other PPC content for global brands across all the major platforms, whether directly or through delegation
- Work with the lead Designer attached to each client in managing the output of compelling social media assets with adherence to clients’ brand tone and style
- Support the Editorial Director in delivering upon project content marketing strategies
- Lead the strategic use of digital social listening tools across the relevant teams with a view to informing content marketing strategies
- Managing the creation of monthly client reviews providing insights on campaign performance with recommendations, whether directly or through delegation
- Building trusted relationships with clients and partners
- Keep up to date with news of platform changes, innovative social media and digital marketing thinking and best practices, sharing useful information with the wider team
- Champion innovation, trends and developments in social media and the wider digital marketing landscape, considering opportunities to exploit that may suit clients’ needs
- A minimum of 12-months experience of working in a similar/related capacity, and in delivering B2B PPC Campaigns across the major social media platforms is essential
- A thorough understanding of how to set-up and use granular data tracking across Social Media and Google Analytics systems
- Strong skills in deciphering analytics to inform and enhance understanding of how to deliver highly successful digital marketing campaigns
- Expertise in campaign commercial performance, media metrics and analytics, working on activity goals varying from driving awareness, to engagement, and conversion
- Be bold enough to experiment and have the tenacity to learn from occasional failures
- Have strong interpersonal skills nurturing good, honest, internal as well as external communications
- Have strong organisational skills including effective and realistic time-management
- Be able to take direction from and support more senior staff in the delivery of big projects
- Be highly motivated, self-confident, flexible and nimble
- Have a desire to learn and continuously develop own skills and knowledge within core social media and analytics disciplines
- A detailed, practical understanding of how to use Google Analytics to assess campaign performance is essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google G-Suite, and task-based tools is essential; familiarity with other tools such as WordPress and InDesign will be an advantage
- NOTE: we are not looking for a ‘Paid Search Manager’, although if you have experience of this aspect of PPC as well as Social Media PPC, then that’s great!
Please also note that we offer extremely flexible working terms, both for hours worked as well as location based. This is in addition to a number of other company benefits all designed to create a happy and productive working environment.
How to apply
Apply with a covering letter explaining what you believe is the secret to delivering digital marketing success, plus your CV and two examples of projects that you’ve managed or delivered. Send this all in PDF format to email@example.com including ‘PPC Manager’ in the subject box. Please also detail when you would be available for an interview.